Monday, November 17, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon...

Well after much proding and persuasion, I have finally decided to join a little cooking club. My friend Peggy of Pantry Revisited finally convinced me today to join Craving Ellie In My Belly (CEIMB). Two of my other co-workers, Cathy and Amanda have been trying to convince me for months that food blogging is better than sliced bread. So, we shall see.

So I un-officially named my blog today... Yes, I'll try to carveout some time for cooking each week. At least until I come up with a more exciting name for this blog. Any suggestions?

Now, for the real challenge of trying to actually follow a recipe --something that I rarely do. Why do I not follow recipes you ask? Well its not that I don't think that the recipe will be good, or that I get bored with such simple tasks as following a recipe (well maybe I do). For one, I am more of a dash of this, some of that type of person. I never measure anything unless I am actually baking, and even then its rare. Mostly though, I just get to cooking and my mind starts racing, and I start thinking of all the other things I could add to a recipe. Where is this kind of motivation when I am sitting at my desk trying to solve some bankruptcy crisis...drafting objections to confirmation...rejecting executory contracts...working towards world peace. Maybe I missed my true calling in life??? Bueller, Bueller.

So, here's to a fun food journey! Now, ya'll will just have to bear with me while I try to remember to photo my food before eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment