Thursday, February 4, 2010

CEIMB: Curried Chicken Salad

The recipe this week was super easy to make -- which you all know makes me very happy! I had this for both lunch and dinner on Tuesday and thought it was great. Lunch was on a bed of mixed greens per the recipe and dinner was a chicken salad sandwich.

I ended up using curry paste instead of curry powder. I have only made a couple of dishes with curry powder and I just did not like the way either turned out. I'm curious to see if anyone else had this dilemma and what they decided to use. I'm guessing the powder would have been a milder flavor than the curry paste???
I liked how the chicken salad turned out though so no regrets! ...and I loved that there was hardly any mayo in this chicken salad!

Thanks to Sarah for a great, easy pick this week! It is definitely a fun, interesting way to jazz up chicken salad!

2 comments:

  1. i used paste too! i don't know how it would have tasted with powder, but i'm going to go ahead and say that it was better with paste :) yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was easy and very tasty. Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete